The last two years have been unprecedentedly filled with a lot of certainty for people, governments and businesses all over the world. When it comes to marketing, the one factor that hasn't changed or decreased in value are videos. Throughout lockdowns, the consumption of video content has risen greatly. From streaming services right through to social media videos, the popularity of this content type has marketers predicting that 82% of all content created will be video. Huge! If that's not convincing enough, allow us to share with you five reasons why your business needs videos in 2022.
1. TikTok has only been around for four years. Today, they have 1 billion active global users per month! Driven completely by user-generated video content, the app developed the authentic-type platform purely to amuse and entertain. These days, its influential creators have found incredibly clever ways to be inspiring and educational too. More people are creating and uploading videos on TikTok and similar platforms like Instagram Stories more than ever before. If you'd like your business to stay relevant with your younger audience, consider creating TikTok and Instagram Reel videos next year to stay top-of-mind and keep your prospects engaged.
2. People are relying on digital video to learn new skills. During the pandemic, a lot of people (65%) were figuring out how to utilise their time effectively. With their jobs being put on hold, it made sense to reassess their situation, set new goals, and learn new skills. The CEO of Alphabet (Google), Sundar Pichai said that YouTube views for meditation videos have increased by 40% since the beginning of the pandemic (Forbes). If your business provides a product or service that benefits a person's life in any way, look at how you can translate your offer into valuable video content that teaches people how to optimise their life using your product or service. How might your offer inspire them to live better, work smarter or love more?
3. According to Brightcove, video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines with 62% of Google searches including video. This means that if you don't have videos on your website, a big portion of your target market cannot find you when they're doing an online search and that you're practically giving opportunities away to your competitors. To avoid this probability, develop a plan and make the effort to create professional videos that best represent the quality of service or products that your business provides. Be memorable, don't be forgotten!
4. Does your business send out email newsletters or communicate often with your database using email? If the answer is no, you definitely should start working on adding that channel into your marketing plan. If the answer is yes, you're all over it, you 100% must have videos because Insivia.com states that video in emails leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates. It does not matter how boring you believe your topics or subject matter to be, video already elevates the content and more importantly, assumes that people are crazy busy. A video will grab a person's attention way more than just simple text in the email body.
5. Beyond TikTok, it's fair to say that all the social media platforms that exist today will be putting more developmental work into their video features. If they already have videos, they'll be looking at taking it to another level through techs such as VR and AR. If they don't have some form of a video feature, be rest assured that they're grinding hard to enable their users the freedom to self-express, curate, create and dominate their area of interest and skill. It is never a waste of money to invest in creating video content for your business if you are clever about the multiple ways your one piece of video content can be repurposed and re-edited into a range of varying sizes and formats. This will ensure that your business and brand will be present across all social touchpoints, increasing your chances of being seen, recognised and trusted.
So there it is, five important reasons why you need to evaluate your existing marketing plan and add video content to your future goals and strategies. If you'd like some support on how to get started, contact us for a chat so we can work with you to develop a bespoke plan for your business.